Order MealsOrder Meals (via Hertfordshire County Council)
We have a simple referral process.
You can order meals online via Hertfordshire County Council, or alternatively, download our referral form below. You can email, scan, or post this form to us.
- Families can refer their loved ones to our service
- Individuals can self refer
- Social workers and health professionals can refer clients
- Hot meal and dessert: £5.10
- Tea meal: £3.45
- Breakfast: £2.95
All of our prices include delivery and a welfare check as standard.
Please note, the price of our main meal and dessert has increased as of April 1st 2020. This decision comes from Hertfordshire County Council, who subsidise the cost of our meals, after several months of negotiations. This affects both individual meals on wheels and lunch club meal clients.
Breakfast and Tea meals can only be ordered if you are also ordering a hot meal and dessert. They are delivered at the same time to enjoy later.
During the current COVID19 crisis Meals on Wheels will prioritise the elderly, and those identified by the government as being vulnerable only. Should you be self-isolating and be in need of food, HertsHelp can help you get a volunteer who will do your shopping for you. To get a volunteer please contact HertsHelp on 0300 123 4044.
You are eligible to receive our meals services if:
- you have difficulty preparing a meal safely
- you have a mental or physical disability
- your carer is unwell or on holiday
- you’ve just come out of the hospital or you’re recovering from an illness
- you’re unable to cook meals for yourself after someone dies.
There is no age limit.